Thursday 14 March 2013

English Paper Piecing and Double Irish

I'm still without my sewing machines boo hoo. I miss them like crazy you would not believe how often I have thought up something to sew only to walk into my sewing room only to realise yet again that my machines are not there.  It is very frustrating but I am trying to be brave and patient.  My big Irish chain quilt has been benefiting from all those extra available hours and I have been making some teeny tiny hexagons as well. Paper piecing did scare me at one point but now I enjoy the slow process.  I have chosen some lovely Spring prints in primrose yellow, coral, peach and corn flower blue and am layering them on natural linen.  It gives a soft and gentle feel.  Now all I need to do is decide what to make with the little panels.  I have been thinking lavender pillows, zipper pouches and little coasters.  Any suggestions most welcome.
Happy Thursday.





No comments:

Post a Comment