Wednesday 23 May 2012

School Dress

Hi all what have you all been up to. I have been enjoying this wonderful sunshine for the last few days. After all the rain we had at the beginning of the month and in April I am soaking as much of it up as possible. Although I was getting very weary of the rain it did give me an excuse to not finish my daughters dress. I started to cut this one out several weeks ago but I think the combination of late night sewing and doing it in between other projects caused no end of problems all my own fault I should add. I put the yoke on back to front, stitched seams where there shouldn't be any and so on. I didn't enjoy making it one bit but I did remind myself that I shouldn't bite off more than I can chew and worked my way through each stage a little more cautiously. In the end I did finish and my daughter wore it for school today, this caused quite a bit of interest from the other girls (generally school dresses are purchased from the high street) but a number of her teachers made some positive comments which was lovely. The colours were chosen from our schools tie. The cotton is so cooling and with no exposed seams ( I did some french seams) it really does look and feel lovely. So guess what I have cut out today? Another one she will need a change after all. Ha Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment