Sunday 26 August 2012

Let the Quilting begin

Hi friends I am so excited to show you my quilt progress. About 10 days ago I finished my double irish chain and have started slowly but surely to quilt it. Now this quilt is quite a size measuring about 80" x 80" and the prospect of trying to machine quilt it made by back ache just at the thought. So I am going to hand quilt it. It will be a labour of love and I think should take at least 1 year to 18 months if I spend at least 1 hour on it everyday. It will give me the opportunity to work on my hand quilting and get my technique much better. I will also be using feathers, lots of feathers which I loooooove. Here are a few pics of what I have worked so far. I am going to be using a cross hatch on my squares and feather wreaths in my free blocks and a double feather on my borders. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment