Sunday 19 October 2014

Sew Along Come and Join in.

I'm hosting my very first sew along.  Come and join in.  We will be working through the process of making a Great Granny patchwork cushion cover.  They are great beginners projects.  So quick and easy.  Let start by getting our supplies organised.

You will need to have the following

Self healing mat
Rotary cutter
quilting ruler ( I use a 6 1/2 inch x 24 inch)
pins
pencil.
iron.
ironing board.
sewing machine.
1/4 inch sewing foot.

Walking foot ( or free motion foot if you are going to do free motion quilting)  If you have neither don't worry hand quilting is a great option for a cushion and the small size means it will come together  quickly.

Good quality cotton sewn thread. I use Aurifil 50 weight.

Approx 1 metre of quality cotton for the backing and background.

 24 inch square piece of cotton wadding.

5 inches width of fabric for binding.

and assortment of 2 1/2 inch squares of quality cotton prints in a co ordination scheme ( I am going to use a charm pack of Honky tonk fabric square and cut them in quarter)

Hand sewing needle.

I think that is it.  Get your supplies together and we can get started the week after next.  If you are struggling to get everything you need let me know and I might be able to make up some kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment