Wednesday 8 February 2012

Big Decisions

I think this is the week I think I should come clean. I have been hanging onto this one for a while searching, looking for a solution I feel comfortable with. My life is one massive juggle and without going into too many details I have to drop a ball and I have to decide which it will be. Made by Mum as it stands is one of the balls I am considering dropping. Don't get me wrong I love love love my little business so it's not because It's not doing well but maybe because it's doing too well.

I am struggling to find the time to run my online shop, fill off line orders, shop orders, blog, facebook attend too many craft fairs and events. You know the routine, so I have been considering if I should scale back Made by Mum to an online business only and a few selected shops.
I think that the Uk is a mixed market place when it comes to handmade some people just get it and others see it as a jumble sale type venture. I am so grateful to my overseas customers and friends for giving me an oppertunity that I wouldn't have had if I had stuck with the UK only. So I think that the online presence is the way forward. I have tried to be super women on this but the costume just didn't suit me. So there you go tough decision but a big sigh of relief as well, employing people buying storage and workshop premises is just not the way I want to go. I love keeping my little venture personal and true to its name. Hope you all understand.
Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. I can absolutely understand you, respect for making such a tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too often, us moms seem to fall into the trap of trying to do it all. Sounds like scaling back on the craft shows and doing more of an online shop is the way to go for you right now. Good luck with your decision making!

    ReplyDelete