Sunday 7 October 2012

Cinnamon apple Jelly

My kitchen smells wonderful. I have been making some cinnamon apple jelly as sweet leaving gifts. I thought you all might like to try to make some yourself. I didn't follow a recipe I cooked 5lbs of Cox apples (skins on) with a lemon. some root ginger and cinnamon This took a few hours. Keep the temp down and go for a slow cook. Once you have a big pot of mush rig up your jelly bag over a big pot and drain the juice off over night (do not stir or prod) just be patient. Measure your juice and add about 500g sugar to every pint juice. Heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved then a rolling boil for 10mins. Pot in sterile jars and feel all warm and fuzzy every time you open your cupboard. Let me know how you get and send me some pics. Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment