Saturday 23 October 2010

Pre Country Living nerves!

I have got the jitters, with the show being so close. I am sewing like mad and in one way thinking I am not going to have enough stock and on the other hand thinking what if nobody buys anything. I think because I am so passionate about what I am trying to achieve, that my own self imposed pressure is steadily rising. I could go and buy stock but thats not what Made by Mum is about. All my products are made by Mum (ME) I want my customer to know that when they buy from me that I have taken time sourcing all my fabrics form all over the world that they have been washed in my machine and then hung out to dry on my washing line. That I have cut pinned and stitched each product with love and care. So last night when I was supposed to be making more gift baskets I was flitting from one thing to another. Today I still feel unsettled but am going to finish the baskets so that I can say thats something less to do rather than have a pile of half finishes items. I wonder if this is what other crafters feel like? I debated whether or not to write this post but decided I want my blog to be a true reflection of my business journey, the good and not so good. I hope to be back later with some pics for you.
Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone. I think we all know the panic of pre nerves, especially for the big shows. What if you sell out in the first hour? what if you don't sell at all? Neither has ever happened to me and I don't think it has to anyone else, but nonetheless it's just one of the mad thoughts that obsessed crafters have to obsess about. I totally agree though about the hand made side of things. Personally, I get soo annoyed when I see obviously 'bought' stock on craft stalls, and even more so when people buy it... oooh.. I think that's all for now. I'm sure you will get it just right and have a great show.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete