Tuesday 19 October 2010

Thread



Don't you just love thread? I do I love the colours, the different sizes and kinds I also love the spools especially when they are wooden I just can't throw them away. I had wanted to come up with some brilliant Christmas decoration using them but have drawn a blank so far. This thread is probably my favourite it is 100% cotton hand quilting thread its thick and shinny quite old fashioned it sews up lovely. When I am sitting in front of the stove hand sewing on a quilt binding I feel a strange connection with quilters of a long gone time. Totally relaxing listening to the thread putting through the quilt and the crackle of the logs.
I have a long list of quilts I want to sew this coming winter I look forward to the binding the most.
Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment